- Members of the person’s household
- Family members and close friends
Funerals should continue to all be Private. Service venues can set their own limit on the number of mourners subject to a maximum of 30 in any venue or cemetery, whatever the size.
Government guidance also makes it clear that close family who are in high-risk categories or are self-isolating should be able to attend if they wish to.
There is ‘No Singing’ at any Funeral Services as: “Activities such as singing, chanting, requiring raised voices or playing of instruments that are blown into should be specifically avoided. This is because these activities pose a possible additional risk of infection even if social distancing is being observed or face coverings are used”
So what can I expect locally?
- Numbers of mourners allowed at local crematoriums are:
Great Glen – 30
Kettering – 24
Countesthorpe – 30
Chairs are spread out in the crematorium chapels to ensure social distancing is observed There is no reduction in the length of a funeral service at any of the crematoriums locally or for a graveside service. It is a requirement that face masks are worn whilst inside the chapel at all crematoriums.
- Webcast Facilities are being offered by all local Crematoria. These are proving very popular, allowing those unable to attend, to take part remotely from the safety of their own home.
- Church Services are now becoming available subject to the individual church concerned. The maximum number of mourners in any church will be 30, some may have a lower limit. There is no singing of hymns and face masks are required to be worn.
- Graveside Services are regularly being carried out during this period. The limit attending is again 30.
- Limousines We are again able to provide limousines for up to 6 mourners from the same household or support bubble. To keep everyone safe, and to comply with social distancing rules, specialist dividers have been fitted to maintain a physical barrier between our drivers and mourners. You can be assured that our limousines are thoroughly sanitised after every funeral.
- Funeral Corteges are still regularly happening locally allowing the hearse and cortege to start from the home of the person who has died. We can follow a route where neighbour’s and villagers etc. can stand outside their own homes, paying their last respects, whilst still observing social distancing.
- Ministers & Celebrants are able to lead funeral services at Crematoriums, Churches and at gravesides in in the usual way. (Preparation for a service will normally be made by telephone/email/video conferencing).
- Funeral Arrangements are being made by our team are normally by telephone/email/video conferencing.
- The Registration of Death process has been greatly simplified and can now be completed from the comfort of your own home. For details of this process please click here.
- Memorial Services and Celebrations of Life can be arranged for many families at a later date, when it is safe for all those wishing to attend, to do so.
- Cremated Remains can be collected from us or retained until such time as it is safe and appropriate to collect or inter them. Burials of ashes are being carried out again with a maximum of 15 in attendance.
- Floral Tributes continue to be available and can be arranged on your behalf. For details please click here.
- Printed Orders of Service – are very much available and very popular. We can print additional copies for those unable to attend, or they can be sent electronically.
- Catering Services – Our in house and outside catering service continue to be suspended. Any form of buffet style catering should be avoided during the current period.
- Chapel of Rest – We continue to have our Chapel of Rest available for viewing by appointment. Numbers attending need to be from the same household for each appointment. Where COVID-19 is the confirmed or suspected cause of death unfortunately only closed coffin visits can be facilitated.
- Memorials – Our memorial business has reopened having been suspended during the lockdown. For those who have outstanding memorial work please bear with us. We will endeavour to finalise any orders as soon as we can.